10.31.2009

Education Celebration!


The window outside of McCall's classroom

Our little pumpkin!

McCall's Ghost foot- so sweet!!!


The past week has been full of educational events/news in McCall's life. There are two events in particular we wanted to share.
One being the book fair to benefit McCall's school at Barnes and Noble last Friday. We were thrilled that the school made this opportunity available for the students and parents. A portion of the proceeds were to be credited to the school so they could purchase books for each of the classrooms. Davy and I love reading to McCall and realize how important reading is SO we were over joyed to participate. However, Davy was scheduled to work out of town last Friday, so I decided to venture to Barnes and Noble by myself (could you imagine me going with a 6 and a half month old?!?!?!?) and picked McCall up afterwards. Each of the teachers made wish lists for their particular classrooms, so we decided to make some purchases from that wish list and donate them to the class. We were so excited to be able to give back to the school that gives McCall so much! Also, I made some Christmas purchases for McCall! If I sound excited, it is because I am- I am happy to admit that I am a total nerd who loves to read!!!
The second educational news I wanted to share is about Aunt K(I often refer to Koehler as Aunt K on the blog-Koehler and I have been friends for years and she is more like a sister- hence the name Aunt K). Before I share the news, I am going to get on my soapbox (which you will RARELY see me do on McCall's blog) about teachers. I am a true believer that teachers are under appreciated, under paid and over worked. We have several friends who are teachers and see first hand just how much they care for their students and how much time and effort they put into their jobs. OK, soapbox over! Anyway, McCall is thrilled to announce that Aunt K was named Teacher of the Year for Leslie M. Stover Middle School in Elgin!!!! We are so proud of Koehler and all she has accomplished at Stover in the short time she has been there! Congratulations Aunt K, you deserve it and we couldn't be happier for you!
AND around June 1 of next year Koehler will be eligible for another award..... Mom of the Year :) Another big Congrats Koehler (and Hall)- we are so excited for you guys!!!! (and VERY excited that we can now talk about it- it's not me that is bad with secrets.... it's McCall ;) )

No comments:

Post a Comment