8.02.2009

What Happens When Mommy is Out of Town....(you fill in the blank)

McCall got to spend a lot of time with Davy this past week because I had to go out of town for work. This was SOOOOOO hard for me- I had never been away from her for more than one night. Anyway, I knew (although I was nervous) Davy could keep things under control. However, after seeing what happened with McCall on Saturday now makes me wish I could have secretly seen Davy with McCall over the past week. You might be asking "what happened with McCall on Saturday?" Oh goodness..... here we go! Davy and I decided to go to lunch and go shopping as a family Saturday mid-morning. My sweet husband decided that he would let me get ready and he would get McCall ready to go. By the time we got ready it was almost time for lunch so we went straight to eat. McCall fell asleep on the way to the restaurant and continued to sleep throughout the beginning of our meal. The restaurant was cold so she had a blanket on her while we ate (this part will become important shortly). She woke up about half way through our meal and was ready to eat, so I picked her up to feed her. This is where it gets good...... as I picked McCall up and held her (over my shoulder)before I was going to feed her I removed the blanket and to my surprise saw about 8-10 buttons going down her back. What in the world???? Yes, that's right- Davy had put her adorable outfit on the wrong way!!!!! I hadn't been able to tell until now because she had the blanket on her. I laughed until I cried! I wasn't laughing at him putting her outfit on the wrong way- I was laughing imagining him putting it on- how in the world did he get her to be still to button all those buttons??? And did he do this to her all week while I was gone? Oh, life is never dull with my sweet husband and daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment