9.09.2009

Daycare baby!

Mrs. Margie with McCall- Mrs. Margie calls McCall her "other" daughter- how sweet is that? I am so sad that I have waited until now to brag on McCall's WONDERFUL daycare! I really struggled with the idea of daycare during my pregnancy, but once D and I visited numerous wonderful daycares in Florence I started warming up to the idea. Wouldn't you know as soon as I warmed up to the idea I figured out that most of them had a year (or MORE) waiting list!!!!!! Seriously??????? So you can imagine my frustration! Well, Davy and I were thrilled to find out that a space had opened up for McCall at FMU's Center for the Child 1 month before she was born and would be available shortly after her due date- perfect timing!!!!!! Also, this was one of the schools that Davy and I fell in love with the second we stepped into the door. Mrs. Bunchie, the Director, gave us a tour (several times- I know, we are crazy first time parents who are VERY overprotective) Mrs. Bunchie was so helpful and let us observe all of the classrooms and encouraged us to stop by when she or any of the teachers weren't expecting us (I liked that!!!!) Mrs. Margie and Mrs. Traci are McCall's primary teachers and are amazing!!! They are always reading and keeping updated on the latest trend for teaching infants- I swear I learn something new from them everyday. Her classroom has met and exceeded all of my expectations. I definitely wanted a learning environment for McCall, but more importantly wanted her to be loved and feel safe at school- I never imagined that we could get all of these aspects at one place. McCall's school (daycare- which ever you prefer to call it) even has a Family Advisory Committee that meets to discuss how to continually improve learning at the school and address any concerns. I was thrilled and honored when FMU CFTC asked me to serve as Coordinator for the infants. I think that is wonderful that they get parents of the children who attend to be so involved in the decision making process for the Center.

1 comment:

  1. I wasn't aware they had a place to teach infants. That's awesome. I thought babies just sat in cribs, rockers, swings, whatever all day. (no, I don't have children).

    ReplyDelete