9.25.2010

Holy Freak Out of 2010!

And actually I'm NOT talking about McCall- I'm talking about me! Yes, I had a mild severe freak out moment yesterday. Why you ask? Lets just set the scene.... loooooooooooooooong week of work and I am picking McCall up from daycare around 4:30ish yesterday (Friday afternoon).


{I am willing to say that yes, I was slightly in a hurry and ready to get to Columbia to celebrate Koehler's Birthday.}

I pulled up in our drive way where I was intending on running inside to change outfits while Davy came outside to get in the driver's seat and head to Columbia. Sounds simple enough...Not extactly what happened..... So, I pulled up, honked the horn, Davy came running outside to get in the driver's seat, and I exited the still running (well air-conditioned) car. No problem, right? WRONG and in a BIG way! As I got out of my car the door swung back just enough to latch (but not completely shut) and I really didn't think much about it and continued on inside. Right as I grabbed our garage door to go inside Davy reached our car and I heard the worst (ok, not worst, but you never want to hear it) words you could ever hear as a parent "Bridget, you locked McCall inside the car!!!!!"

Holy %*&$#$%&#@&^!!!!

Seriously? Did I just allow that to happen???? I ran back to the car where I violently pulled, yanked, and searched for whatever I could to break the window, door, whatever it took to get my baby out. All the while McCall just looked at me and giggled as if I were playing a game with her.

By this point Davy ran back inside to get a hanger to see if we could maneuver our way into the car.

I was in my own, freak out world, that I had NO idea Davy's parents were outside and were yelling at us and asking what was going on.

At some point I finally heard someone, but couldn't see (because of the way the sun was shining) who it was. So I did what any freaking out parent would do, I yelled. "I don't know who is over there but could you please go get David (my father in law) - McCall is locked inside our car!!"

And out of the shadows appeared my mother and father in law. Long story short.... my mother in law entertained McCall while my father-in-law was able to get the car open in what seemed like 27,091 minutes, but in reality was 2 minutes. AHHH! Thank you, Brenda and David!!!!!!!!!
Freak out over....

PS- I get this question pretty often due to the amount of photos I have of my child: "Do you carry your camera everywhere?" The answer: "yes"
**However, I would hope no one would expect me to have any pictures from this situation because I certainly do NOT :)

No comments:

Post a Comment