3.21.2011

Girls Weekend!!

This post will not be the Girls Weekend you are probably thinking of, but certainly just as fun. Davy left Friday morning to head to a Bachelor party at the beach, which left McCall and I to have a girls weekend. I woke up with allergies/a cold/something gross Friday morning, but by Friday afternoon I felt good enough to get McCall from daycare and begin our girls weekend.
Let me tell you.... we played with baby dolls, we played on the swing, we rode the golf cart, we played hide and go seek, we danced, we played with Wrigley (our dog), we baked, we played with each others hair (this one became an interesting game and at times painful) , we giggled, .....we just plain had fun!!!! And then we hit repeat and did it ALL over again on Saturday.
I can't tell you how much I truly enjoyed this time with McCall. Don't get me wrong, I missed Davy, but it sure was fun to have some time with her to myself. I find myself worrying a lot lately about my time with McCall and the lack of it I may have once Baby Girl Gregg #2 arrives. I want McCall to still feel just as special as we make her feel now. And I know she will be fine, but I'm a Mom and can't help but worry about my sweet little girl. For example, Davy and I said several times throughout our Disney trip that we LOVED the fact that we were able to take McCall before her baby sister arrives. It was nice to make it all about her and to be able to focus so much attention on her. Seeing all the excitement in her eyes was so much fun for us.  Speaking of Disney..... I would love to get that post done soon. AHHHHHH... but it completely overwhelms me thinking about it. I took over 800 pictures and think I have narrowed down the pictures to around 500ish (taking out the closed eyes and no one was looking pictures). I hope to find a few moments this week to work on it. :)

McCall and Wrigley enjoying their breakfast together Saturday morning :) McCall loves feeding Wrigley everyday- we really have to watch her or she would give him the whole box of food :)
I think this was the only picture I snapped ALL weekend.... guess we were having too much fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment