3.14.2009

Moving Day...well, sort of...

I know it has been a while since I've updated, so I'll try to catch up. First, we were suppose to close on our house on Claussen on Thursday, but due to some crazy circumstances we are not closing until Monday (the 16th). Anyway, Davy and I moved out of our first house last weekend (talk about emotional) and moved into his parents house (which we are truly appreciative) for a week or two until the house we are building is complete. I was definitely not prepared for this weekend!!!! For starters, I had no clue how emotional we would both be about leaving our first home. Davy and I couldn't even look at each other as we did the final check for anything we may have not packed. Secondly, who knew how much stuff two people (soon to be three) and a dog could acquire in 3 short years?!? It was insane! Anyway, Davy and I were so fortunate to have my mom and Ken (and my precious nieces and nephew) come down to help us move- they were AMAZING!!! I know they had to be sore on Monday because they moved us ALL day on Saturday and started at the crack of dawn on Sunday moving us. Also, Ken helped Davy with some items that needed to be addressed from the inspection. Thank you so much Mom and Ken- Davy (and of course, me as well)appreciates it more than you know (since all I could do is direct being 8 months pregnant and all)! Also, I have to say a big thanks to Carmen and Jaime for all of their help on Sunday- you guys are such great friends! We should be moving into our new house on Saturday (the 21st) if all goes well this week with the subcontractors and the inspection. I'm anxious to get in McCall's room and get it in order- she's going to be here before we know it!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment