5.12.2009

Happy Mother's Day!!

What a wonderful first Mother's Day!! I still find it hard to believe that I'm a mother!!! BUT I get reminded everyday when I look at my sweet little girl. I was able to spend the first half of the day with my mom and later that day Davy, McCall and I had dinner with his mom. We are both so blessed to have such loving moms that would do anything for us (and McCall is very lucky to have such great Grandmas!) My sweet husband (and daughter, of course) got me a wonderful Mother's Day gift. Davy wrote me the sweetest card (that made me cry...I'm still really emotional) AND had the diamond in my engagement ring reset into a diamond band and got the matching wedding band as well. I was in complete shock that he did this!! It is beautiful! He also told me that he wants to save my original wedding band for McCall to have one day. I am so lucky to have such a thoughtful husband. Davy kept telling me that he wanted my first Mother's Day to be special and it sure was- I was able to see both my mothers and spend the day with my wonderful husband that gave me a beautiful and healthy daughter. How did I get to be so lucky?

No comments:

Post a Comment