5.13.2012

Catch-up... Vacation Style!

Davy and I had the opportunity to take an Achievement Trip with my job (meaning I had a really great year and won a trip! wooooop!) to the Bahamas.
We were fortunate enough to have my parents volunteer to stay at our house and keep the girls. HUGE thank you, Mom and Ken! We missed the girls like CRAZY, but they seemed to be just fine without us.
By the second day we were there, we had gotten worried and skyped the girls --yeah.... they had already planned a double date with BOTH sets of grandparents and were (in McCall's words) "too busy" to come talk to us. AWESOME! I'm thinking they LOVED all the grandparent attention!

Meanwhile, Davy and I had some much needed time together ALONE :) We spent time by the pool, time at the beach, had a relaxing time at the spa, shopped and did many other activities.

More than that, have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE my job and the company I work for? Yes, this was an achievement trip for the top 10%. However, my company continues to amaze me by giving back to not only the top 10%, but those in need.  Lilly planned a wonderful chance for all of us to give back while we were on our trip. Myself and 44 other individuals were able to build bicycles for 45 abused and neglected children who were living in a foster home in the Bahamas. Later that afternoon we were able to actually present the bicycles to the children. Talk about a humbling moment. I had all planned what I was going to say to the child I presented the bicycle to, but I couldn't get it out through my tears. All I could think about was how they would have never been able to afford this without us and how this would probably be the main mode of transportation for them. It could even be what they ride on the way to their jobs one day. Or that if I wanted to I could go buy a bicycle for my girls and I wouldn't blink an eye at the dent or lack there of it made in my checking account. WOW... the things we take for granted.....
(Because of the personal issues involved with the children in the foster home, we could not take pictures during any of the events)

 Amanda, Mike, myself and Davy
 the awesome lazy river...
 ahhhh the beach....

 shopping on a rainy day
 dinner on the beach 
 aquarium in the hotel!
 view from our room
 out to dinner at NoBu
 another view from our room
self portrait :)

No comments:

Post a Comment