4.08.2009

A week old already!

I can't believe McCall is a week old! Where has the time gone? The past week has been a complete whirlwind. McCall is doing great breastfeeding now- in fact, I wonder if she is doing too good sometimes. She wants to eat ALL the time!!! But I guess it beats her not wanting to eat at all. Anyway, yesterday was especially difficult for me since it was Davy's first day back to work and also the last day that my mom was here to help me. She has been more help than I could have ever imagined! I feel so incredibly blessed to have such a wonderful mom. She helped Davy and I so much- we can't say thank you enough! Today the home health nurse from McLeod came to visit us. I was really excited to find out that McLeod offered this service- it's a perfect way for McCall to be checked again by a nurse before heading to her first doctors appointment in a few weeks. McCall is now 6 pounds and 3 ounces- so she has lost a total of 3 ounces. I was really excited that she hadn't lost more- I guess all those late night feedings are doing some good :) Everything else checked out great with McCall! I just still can't believe how perfect she is and that she is all mine (and Davy's too, I guess :)) Well I better finish this up before McCall wakes up for her next feeding. Before I forget, I want to say thank you to everyone who has visited, called, feed us, sent flowers, sent gifts, etc. Davy and I are so appreciative to have such wonderful family and friends- especially, both sets of our parents. We really could not have gotten through this first week without you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment