6.15.2010

Ahhhhh.....MiMi.....(And Sweet Friends!)

So, just as anticipated... MiMi came and made everything ALL better! Lots of relaxing and resting was done!
Side Note: I don't think I mentioned in the previous post, but Davy was called into work literally the second we pulled back into the drive way Sunday night from the ER. The storm knocked power out ALL over town, so he was gone ALL night (he hadn't slept since Saturday night)!!
MiMi, (aka, my wonderful Mom) took charge when she got here. She played with M, feed her lunch, bathed her, made our dinner, etc... pretty much she was fabulous! Poor Davy came in from work and ate what my Mom made and went straight to bed- he was SOOOO tired!
This morning Mom got up with McCall, fed her and helped get her ready for school. What did this mean? Yes, I was able to sleep in 'til 6:30 and have a cup of coffee while I got dressed. It was pure heaven!!!!!! I could really get used to this every morning!

I also HAVE to say how more than blessed we are to have such wonderful friends in Florence. Especially our friends, Brandon and Jencey (and sweet Hampton). While my mom kept McCall yesterday they did some grocery shopping for us. I heart them! There is definitely never a dull moment with Brandon and Jencey - they always keep us laughing!!!!! For example (Just an FYI, I did NOT laugh in the beginning...you'll see why), yesterday Brandon stopped by the house to pick up something Davy had left him. I let Brandon in and we chatted for a second while McCall was in her high chair eating her morning snack (waiting on MiMi to arrive). I told Brandon he should go look outside. I wanted him to see all of the damage in our back yard from the storm, as well as, all the damage near our house. We both walked out to the screened-in porch and Brandon shut the door behind himself. As soon as the door shut, my head spun around as if I were the Exorcist! I knew what he had just done..... yeah, he just locked us out....WITH MCCALL INSIDE!!!!!! I ran around to the garage door and it too was locked! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I had NO spare key hidden and Davy was 45 minutes away. My immediate reaction was to break a window to get to my sweet girl. I tried to stay calm and went back to the back window to see if I could still see her. Yep, right where I left her...drinking her milk looking at me like "hey mom, do that thing again where you run really fast to the front of the house- it was funny!"  OK, so she wasn't panicking, so I shouldn't, right???? Brandon immediately started trying to break into our house with a credit card- that was a no go! My mind was going 10,000 times a minute....is this really happening? And is this really happening on a day that I feel THIS bad? Arg!!! Suddenly, I remembered that the cleaning lady, Gail, had a key to our house. I called her and by the grace of God she was home. Gail rushed over and unlocked the door. And this is what we found when we opened the door......
I mean seriously????? I stressed out while she was napping!!!!
I'm just glad it all turned out OK! :)
Being silly with MiMi before bed time

mid giggle....
Loving on MiMi this morning.....



MiMi was stealing all her kisses!
 These two thought they were funny-MiMi told McCall to tell me goodbye this morning because she wanted to take her home with her.... AND McCall started waving "bye bye!" They are going to be trouble together!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment