4.05.2011

Big Girl Bed!!!!

Sunday night McCall decided she no longer wanted to stay in her crib. Her first exit from her crib came right after bed time, so that wasn't such a big deal. I put her back in her crib and kissed her good night. Easy enough, right? WRONG! She decided to escape again around 3 AM Monday morning, as well (which she was sick, so maybe she just wanted her Mommy and Daddy :)  )  and thank goodness Davy realized it right away! He jumped up and started running to her room. I jumped up too and waddled into her room to see what was going on. There she stood.....
So, long story short, we converted her bed last night to a full BIG GIRL bed. I just knew this was going to make for another sleepless night. Man, I have never been so excited to be SO wrong. McCall seemed pretty excited about her big girl bed, but you never know.....
So, I fully expected to lay with her after I read a book to her, but I tucked her in and she looked at me and said "Good night, Mommy." I paused for a second contemplating if I should lay down or just walk out. Davy and I decided to just leave. We turned the lights off and listened at the door. What did we hear? Crying? No. Whining? No. We heard McCall saying goodnight to every possible person she could think of!!!!!! It was hilarious!
"Good night Mommy, good night Daddy, good night La La, good night Pa Pa, good night Mi Mi, good night Papi, good night Pa Pa, good night Drake, good night Eli, good night Ella, good night Derrick.....................on and on she went!
After about 5 minutes I heard heavy breathing and haven't heard a peep from her since (and it's 7 AM!!!) . There is NO way it is going to be this easy transitioning to a big girl bed, right???? I really hope the rest of the week goes smoothly!

No comments:

Post a Comment