5.10.2010

Happy Mother's Day....Here Comes The Ugly Cry!!!!!

Grab a cup of coffee... this one is a little longer than normal!
So, I have to admit that I am a planner. OK, maybe planner is an understatement- I like being in control...OK, there I said it! So, with that said, I had this peeeeeeeeeeeeeerfect Mother's Day weekend planned out and it included: a trip to Easley (to see mi madre), a play date for McCall with Price, Reese and Noah, and some time with my wonderful husband and child. HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM! A)My mom wasn't feeling very well on Friday (or Saturday) and we weren't really sure what she had, SO sadly, taking McCall around her probably wasn't going to be the best idea. B) Davy found out he had to work ALL weekend (Seriously, who doesn't get Mother's Day weekend off? - I guess I should be glad that he has a job and contributes financially to our family). Talk about a Debbie downer.....


So, with all of these things changing our plans many thing ran through my head.... #1-Drive to Easley with a 1 year old alone (and potentially be around my mom very little on MOTHER'S DAY weekend due to illness)-NO! #2- Have my mom drive to Florence (if she feels better) on Sunday- NO, that would be self-centered and wouldn't be fair to take my mom away therefore not give my brother time to spend with her. #3 Pray that she gets better and meet her and Ken in Columbia for lunch on Sunday- BINGO! Mom started feeling better Saturday, so Sunday was a go! YAY!!!!!!! I have never spent a Mother's Day away from my mom- and sure don't plan on starting now! :) I'm not going to be long winded here (mainly because I will cry), but do want to say what a thoughtful, honest and loving mom I have! I talk to my mom every morning after I drop McCall off at daycare- I love this time I have with her! This Mother's Day I especially wanted to spend time with my mom since it was her first Mother's Day without her mom. I can't even begin to imagine- I love my mom and appreciate her more than words can say. My Mom is not only a great mom, but a caring Mimi and mother-in-law. I love her more everyday for many reasons, but mainly because of how she treats my daughter and husband. Thank you God for blessing me with such a wonderful woman!!!

OK, you may be wondering.....what is this about an ugly cry? So, since Davy had to work on Mother's Day, he gave me one of my gifts the night before Mother's Day. Actually, he somehow got McCall to walk up behind me and hand me a beautifully wrapped gift. OK, get ready for the ugly cry....... my Grandmother gave me a diamond cluster ring years ago and Davy (and McCall) decided to have it made in to a diamond cross necklace as a Mother's Day surprise..:::::::::::::::::::bring on ugly cry:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: Talk about thoughtful gift...ahh! I still tear up thinking about it!

AND it gets better.... My Mother's Day consisted of:

• Waking up to a super sweet note, a new pair of Costa Del Mar sunglasses and a gift certificate for a massage! SO BLESSED!

• Getting Miss Priss ready for our trip to Columbia to meet Mom and Ken for lunch

• A fun lunch with Mimi and Papa

• Returning home to find that my husband had gotten off of work early, done laundry and started dinner

• Dinner with my husband, daughter and mother-in-law (I got to see BOTH of my moms on Mother's Day!!!!)

I can't help but think I'm a pretty lucky girl and live a pretty great life!
**(even though we didn't make it to the play date... thanks Casey for the sweet blog- we missed you guys too!)

my cross necklace from my sweet husband and daughter!
McCall brought this home from daycare (McCall had the biggest foot in her class...ha!!!!)
self-portrait
Being silly in the car while we wait on Mimi and Papa to arrive in Columbia
We also went to Davy's Grandmother's house on Saturday night for a cookout
McCall ready to go see Sissy and Boots (Davy's Grandmother and Grandfather)
Giving Mimi love
With my mom and my daughter.... nothing like it! :)
"Happy Mother's Day, Mimi!"
The best attempt at everyone looking...
Papa took McCall on her first carousel ride! 


"Mom, I gave Mimi this sad look and she agreed to take me on the carousel again!"

"Mimi, I'm having so much fun!"
McCall with Grandma and Grandpa
Snuggling with Grandma
On the move again...
McCall has just recently started showing Wrigley lots of attention

Hanging out with Grandma
Being silly with Dad (and his crazy hair!)

1 comment:

  1. Aww, Happy Mother's Day! I'm sorry things didn't go as planned, but it sounds like you still had a fantastic day! We really missed you and McCall - I NEEEEED to meet that sweet girl soon. Love you!

    ReplyDelete